Pages

Saturday, May 12

Surprise!!

 After about 5 months of trying, I am finally pregnant. I know that 5 months really isn't that long, but I felt so strongly about having another baby and at first I really fought it, so I was just confused and discouraged every single month when the test came back negative. Both Brandt and I were SOOO excited when 2 lines appeared on the test and when our doctor gave us confirmation. This is the first baby that BOTH Brandt and I have truly been completely excited for and not nervous or scared at all, and it is a great feeling.

I have been to see my doctor and already gotten to see my baby twice and I am already completely in love. I am not sure what my official due date is. The first date they gave me was 12-12-12, but after my ultrasound the due date showed 12-22-12, so most likely my doctor will move the date back.

Already with this pregnancy I have been feeling the morning sickness. I was sick with both girls, more so with Peyton, but this pregnancy has been pretty awful. I started taking zofran at about 6 weeks. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I am pretty much sick from the moment I wake up til I go to bed at night. But at least I know this means my baby is healthy and growing, so I'll take it! Having Brandt home from school has been a lifesaver and I don't know what I am going to do when he goes back in a week. He has done EVERYTHING for me; dishes, cleaning the house, changing ALL of the diapers, taking care of the girls, and cutting the chicken for dinner.

Brandt will finish finals for his 3rd semester on December 7th and then he has an entire 2 months off for Winter break(the only year that his break is that long). I honestly feel so blessed because this baby is coming at the perfect time. Brandt will be out of school and he'll be home to help me with the girls and spend time with this new baby and help me transition into being a mommy of 3(wow!!). The timing was perfect and I couldn't have planned it better myself! I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me and sees what lies ahead. I am also grateful for a husband who trusts my intuition, who is prayerful, who honors his priesthood, and has his priorities in order.

Peyton will be 3.5 and Paisley will be 27 months old....and I think that is the perfect gap! I am seriously so excited to see the girls interact with this new baby. They are both little mommies already and I know that they are going to love this baby so much. Peyton is very excited and keeps telling me that she has a baby in her stomach and that it is her baby...not mine. She cannot wait to help me change diapers and has been asking to help me change Paisley's. Paisley doesn't really understand that I am pregnant, but she carries her baby doll around all day, just loving on it. I keep telling the girls that they will be getting a new baby for Christmas and I am pretty sure I couldn't ask for a better Christmas gift!

14 comments:

Chelsey Hymas said...

Oh I am just so excited for you!!!!! I LOVED the picture announcements!!I am sorry about you being sick. It is definitely no fun! It is amazing how the Lords plan is so perfect, and knows so much better then we do. I can relate so much to some of the things you said, and I'm just so happy for you!
Can't way till you find out what you are having! My guess is 3 girls...just seems appropriate with Kate and I both having 3 boys now :)
love ya!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Wahoo! I knew you couldn't keep it a surprise for too long! I cant wait to find out what this little baby is!!! I agree with chels, I'm voting girl because our lives are SOOO parallel it's rediculous! I'm sorry you're so sick, I totally know how you feel, but at least you know baby is healthy and well. Hopefully that subsides soon! Until that milk it :) and let your man take over!!!

deargoodness said...

yay yay yay! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope that you start feeling not so sick soon though. congratulations!

Kiya said...

Congrats Jeanette and Brandt! I am excited to see what #3 looks like, since you make such adorable babies! I'm thinking.....a boy, but part of me also wants to say 3 girls...hmmm. what are you feeling it is this time??

Sarah said...

Wow! Congrats you guys! This is so exciting! You guys make beautiful babies and I'm so excited to see this baby!

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Congrats! I'm sorry you are so sick, it's tough to feel like that when you have 2 kids to care for. Having 3 is a blast and super um...challenging, but you'll do great! My oldest was the same age and is a huge help! hang in there, wish I could cook and clean for you;)

-Danica- said...

YAY! I love the pictures! That is so adorable. I can't wait to see if its a boy or girl. Once again - i wish we lived closer :(

Maddy said...

congrats! that is so exciting!!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you, Nette! You too, Brandt! Congratulations! Hope to see your preggo belly soon! Love ya :D

Brooke & Skyler said...

AHhh Yay, so exciting! Now it's time for you to have a sweet little boy!! Congrats guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! I remember when Peyton was born! It seems like yesterday. #3 will be a lucky kid!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your growing family! Another girl... maybe?!? Brandt can't have enough girls in his life, right? But, having a boy is good too. We wish you a healthy pregnancy and keep us posted. BTW, cute announcement.

Liane

Abby said...

Yay!! This is so AWESOME! I am so excited and happy for you!! Your situation sounds so much like ours. We felt very prompted to have baby #3. And the timing was perfect for us, too, because if we would have waited another year like we were planning, I would be pregnant and sick right now amidst the new business and living in a new place. But instead, I was sick last year when we had nothing going on and he arrived five months ago and we're pretty much all adjusted to life with three kids. :)

Our spacing is similar, too. When Christian was born, Lilimae was 3.5 and Lincoln was just a week shy of turning 2. And he was our little Christmas present. So crazy!! Congratulations!!!

Kaylee said...

Congrats! That's exciting news! Start prepping now--3 put me over the edge at first! Get all the projects done NOW lol. You're such a great mommy, he/she will be lucky to come to your home.