Pages

Saturday, May 19

Our Very First Puppy

Right this very second Brandt is heading back to Ottawa, KS to take our puppy back. And I am so sad. I didn't think it would be this hard but I really fell in love with him. It breaks my heart even more to hear Peyton asking for him, almost in a panic and crying because she wants her puppy to stay. I know that it is probably better that we took him back and I am grateful the lady let us, but I miss him! The timing was just not good. He was just too small for the girls to play with and I was constantly worried about him getting hurt. When we bought him the lady told me that it will be like bringing home a newborn because his bones are very fragile and I shouldn't let the girls run around him because if they fell on him he could die.
When we are done with school and the girls are older we are definitely going to go back and get another one. He was the BEST dog ever. He never barked, he was playful but cuddly, and I never had a problem with him peeing on the carpet. He went to the bathroom every time we took him outside. It was so cute because the grass was a little too tall for him so he would hop around like a bunny. At night he would snuggle with me and fall asleep in our bed...I just loved him!




4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

That is so sad!! Im sorry!!! He really is so tiny, I cant believe it! Puppies are TOTALLY like newborns- I didn't know you had to teach them so much, like even walking on a leash. Crazy??

-Danica- said...

Aw man :( I'm sorry you had to take him back! It's so hard when you start to feel like they are part of your family. He really is so so cute!

deargoodness said...

aw, sad! it is hard, isn't it!

Abby said...

Oh, this is so sad! He is quite possibly the cutest little puppy I've ever seen!!