
This little cutie scared me to death yesterday. We were playing outside and she ate these berries below. I got it out of her mouth and I wasn't too worried because I honestly thought they were grapes. You are probably wondering how in the heck I could confuse these for grapes but right now they are shriveled up and dry and I knew that Brandt's parents had a grape vine in their backyard. So I got her away from the berries, but she kept coming back to them. She put a huge handful into her mouth and started running from me. I got the branch out of her hand and tried to get her to spit the rest out but she wouldn't. She probably ended up actually swallowing 2. As I was looking at the branch she had pulled off I realized that these didn't look like grapes and I better call Brandt's mom. She asked me where the berries were that Peyton had eaten and when I told her she said, "Jeannette, those aren't grapes. I'm coming home right now to see which ones she ate." Within five minutes she ran into the backyard and I showed her. She pulled up these pictures that she had taken this fall and we called looked them up, both of our hearts dropped. We quickly called poison control and the guy said that hopefully because the berries are dry that they don't have as much of the toxins and calcium oxide crystals in them so she should be okay. But I am having to watch her for the next 3 days. Crazy crazy girl!


As for Valentine's Day, we decided to celebrate on Saturday evening. We put Peyton to bed early, since she didn't take a nap, and I made this amazing dinner for Brandt and I. It was good! And nice to eat without chasing Peyton all over the house.

On Valentine's Day itself, I put this card and heart shaped cookie out for Brandt before he left for work.

And he made me this card as well. He put all the things I love on it: Shoes, cooking, reading, running, and healthy/organic food.

It was an amazing Valentines and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world!
3 comments:
SOOOOOOOOOOO glad Peyton is okay! She certainly is a crazy girl! Brandt did a fabulous job on your card, I love it!!!!! And that cookie looks mighty good too!!!!!
Poor little girl. I hope that everything goes well for the next few days. And I'm glad your Valentine's was great.
What a sweet valentine from you husband, I love it! And I sure hope Peyton is okay, that would totally scare me too! I loved your comment the other day jen, hahaha it totally made my day!!! when I shop I love to dig at Forever 21, Nordstrom BP, Target, and an occasional Urban Outfitters. I wish I was more creative, and I wish I had the talent for thrifting, I hear that's where it's at!
Post a Comment