Wow, life is so different now! But I love being a mother and I wouldn't change it for the world. For the first couple of days Brandt's mom and his sister were here helping and wow, they spoiled us rotten! His mom took such good care of me and made us feel so loved. She left meals, bought groceries, helped clean the apartment, loved on Peyton all she could, and she even left us money for meals when we just didn't feel like cooking. However, yesterday morning they left and I swear Peyton must have put on a show for them because the whole time they were here she was the sweetest little thing ever. I wasn't worried at all about them leaving because I thought I had this parent thing down- She never cried and she was sleeping through the entire night to where I had to wake her up to feed her and everything was just perfect. A little too perfect. Brandt and I were bragging about how wonderful everything was and we had the best baby in the whole world, but I think we spoke a little too soon. I still think we have the best baby in the world, but my goodness last night was hard. I was expecting everything to go perfectly, like it had the previous nights but Peyton had something else in mind. She would not stop crying and I could not figure out what was wrong with her. So we burped her for a while- nothing, I tried to pump her legs- nothing, I fed her- but she never seemed to get full and I had fed her for like 40 minutes on each side- she still wouldnt stop crying, and then she had a major blow out that got all over her pajamas so we had to change her and she didn't like that and started crying even more. Needless to say, neither of us got any sleep last night. I felt horrible for Brandt because he has a 7:45 class in the morning and then he doesn't get to come home until 5:30 and today he had a lab final. It breaks my heart when my little baby girl cries and I can't make it stop, it seriously is the worst feeling in the world. Today things have been much better. Peyton and I are both learning and I know that things will get better with time. I am so grateful for my parents because I was so tired and just feeling so depressed I called home bawling and my Mom is coming up tomorrow to help me for 2 weeks while Brandt & I finish school. This will be SO nice because both Brandt and I need to be able to work on homework and we both really want to finish out the semester strong.
Okay, now I am going to brag on Brandt a little bit. He is so amazing and I love him so much. Even though he has some of the hardest classes and TONS of homework he always finds time to help me and he never complains. As soon as I call for him he is right by my side ready to do whatever I need and he loves learning how to take care of Peyton and how to do everything. He just loves his little girl so much. I got pretty frustrated last night and he just took her out of my arms took her into the living room and started singing to her so that she would calm down and hopefully fall to sleep and this was at 1:45 in the morning. I am so lucky to have him, he's my bestfriend!
Anyways, today Peyton had her first doctors appointment. Everything went very well and she is looking great!!! Her color is great and she now weighs 7lbs 1oz which is pretty good because she weighed 7lbs 3oz at birth! I am so grateful that she is healthy! I love my little girl so much and it's so fun spending all day with her!

4 comments:
oh wow...sounds so familiar!! the second night after sol was born, all he wanted to do was nurse all night! johnny had gone to pick up my mom and sleep at home, so i had sol all by myself in the hospital. he stayed awake the whole night. i know it seems like it is ridiculously hard, but sometimes babies just cry.
something that really worked for us was giving sol a pacifier. i was SO against pacifiers (because they scare you into thinking your breastfeeding will be ruined forever if you introduce it too soon). once i gave sol a pacifier to suck on at night, life got SO much better.
a book i recommend to new parents is "The Happiest Baby on the Block". It has great ideas. I'm sure you guys will settle into a little routine before you know it. congrats!! i know you 2 are amazing parents and she's such a cutie!
Love you, Jen. Nothing feels worse than not knowing how to help your child be happy. You're going to be the best mom ever--like the one who is spending 28 hours on a bus to be with her baby.
You should try or ask your doctor about Mylicon Gas Relief drops, it is a life saver when your baby is fussy because of their belly. Hope everything continues to go well.
Your such an amazing mom. If you ever just need to take a shower or do something by yourself for 10 min. come on over and I would love to watch her. I cant wait to meet her. It is so cute hearing her skwak when your window is open. It makes me want a baby!
Post a Comment