I really hate the waiting game. And whoever said that time flies by, well you are WRONG! It was going by really fast until now. Why?!! I haven't changed anything so why is time slowing down?!!! Anyways, I had my doctors appointment today and things don't look promising. Infact, it was just depressing...I wanted to cry. I have braxton hicks contractions all the time so I figured I would have progressed some...but no. I am dilated 1cm, 50% effaced, and he said the babies head is in a great position but it's not at any station yet. And I am jealous that he got to feel her. So as far as getting induced early he says that he won't set a date because it wouldn't be smart and I trust him. But he said that he's not going to tell me that I wont have the baby tonight because he has said that before and then he ended up delivering that baby during the middle of the night, so who knows?! I am not going to get my hopes up though. In a way I am glad that I am not getting induced because I want the excitement of calling Brandt or just telling him, "Babe, I think this baby is coming tonight!" I have less than 3 weeks now!! And I cannot wait to meet my little girl!

8 comments:
i wouldn't get too hung up about how dilated you are. i went into my dr's appt on a thursday, the dr told me i was 0 cm dilated and not effaced at all. i went into labor sunday and sol was born monday night. it was just a few days before 40 weeks. as far as induction, your body really knows what it's doing and the baby knows when she needs to come. after she's here, you've got your whole life to spend with her. can't wait to see pictures, though!
Good luck! This is the hardest part of the pregnancy...not because you're sick or tired or anything like that, but because EVERY day you spend thinking "is this the day?" I remember going on hour long walks every night when I was prego like you. It would get my contractions going and then I'd just be miserable for the whole night. But do what you need to do and keep up the positive attitude those. She'll be here before you know it!
Good luck! How exciting that your little Peyton is coming very soon! You guys better be posting tons of pics.
Where you are at right now is pretty good. Some dilation is better than no dilation. : ) And since everyone's different you never know how long it will take. I'm playing the waiting game right here with ya so I know how you feel. Hopefully she will decide to come a little early and who knows what will happen in the next couple weeks. I had absolutely zero progress on my due date and never felt any contractions so you are doing really good. Your body is definitely on the right track.
Thanks everyone! All of these comments are making me feel a lot better! :)
I know that I nearly went crazy...so I cooked and cleaned (that's my therapy). I was so sick of phone calls asking if I thought I'd go today! I had to find something fun to do and finish getting things ready so that I felt productive.
Good Luck! We love you
Happy birthday, Jeannette! We'll be thinking of you today!
Well...I hope that she comes soon if she isn't already there. I really miss you, thanks for all the love you gave us before we left.
Post a Comment