Pages

Tuesday, June 2

Half Way Done!

Today was the last day of my 1st block classes and it feels SO great! I still can't believe that I only have half of the semester left! I am really excited for the 2 month break this summer and am looking forward to being able to spend some quality time with my family. I feel like Brandt and I never get to spend time together with school and work and I miss him! We always try to eat dinner together every night but that can be hard when we both have tons of homework. It always makes me laugh though because we try to go to bed so early, like 9:00ish, but we end up spending sometimes over an hour just talking about anything and everything and don't get to bed until way later. I really do love how excited he is about having a baby. I was always so worried about that, but sometimes I think he is more excited than me and I love it!
Speaking about Peyton...I went to my doctors appointment this past Friday and everything is looking really good! My stomach is still growing- I can't even remember what it looked like before and I can't imagine it ever going back to normal..weird! But the weird thing is I lost weight. I thought that was really weird because normally I always gain at least a pound a week. But maybe since I walk so much my body is just now losing the weight from it. But anyways, the exciting part! I know I said that I would never do this and I am still thinking about it but...I talked to my doctor about being induced a week early- so June 29th and he said that I could as long as the baby was in the right position and her head was engaged and causing me to dilate. So he said he will check me at my 37 week appointment and tell me more from there. Normally I would never do this because I believe that the baby will come when it is ready and my body knows best but I really want my mother-in-law to be able to be here. Otherwise it will just be Brandt and I and I love Brandt to death but I already know he isn't going to handle it very well- he can't even handle me having a bloody nose without freaking out. He can dissect cadavers...but he can't handle blood or me being in pain without getting mad at me and wanting to pass out. So I really want someone there who will have a clear mind and who will help keep Brandt calm so that I can relax and not worry about him. And just in case something goes wrong I really need someone there who can make good decisions and ask questions for me. I am not going to lie though, I am pretty excited because I am pretty ready to be done being pregnant. I am always having contractions and pretty much the only good thing is that she has dropped so I don't have anymore rib pain or acid reflux stuff. Now I just have lots of pressure down there, especially when walking up stairs( and I live on the 3rd floor apartment) and when walking up hill. But hey, I can deal with it if it means she is coming sooner!! My biggest concern is that I just really want her to be healthy and if that means keeping her in longer than I will but my doctor thinks that I will be fine if I get induced early and I trust his judgment. Does anyone have any opinions on induction?



8 comments:

JoHanna Bennion said...

I have heard from those that have gone through induction that it hurts the worst. More than any other normal delivery. I have experienced a long delievery with the epideral and a short delievery with no help. I don't think I will go back to the un natural. Especially now that I see how smart and healthy Breyla is. But every woman is different and it is your decision. I will be there for you! No matter what!

P.S. Now that John might not go back to the factory for a while, we might be able to come visit you when you have the baby. No promises but I would really like it if I could. John might have some work to do in Utah. So the possibility is higher now.

We love you and hope this last month doesn't torcher you too much!

Brit Bennion said...

Inductions are more common than most people think. Even when the doctor breaks your water or scrambles your membranes, it's a form of induction. Drinking castor oil is also a form (although unregulated) of induction.

You could always try some alternative ways to start labor but check with your doctor beforehand.

Not to put a damper on the "comment party" but each pregnancy is different for each person, so while it's great to get other people's opinions, the only ones that count are yours and Brandt's. Do whatever you think is best for your baby and body. That includes having the baby natural, with an epidural, at home, in a tub, driving to the hospital, scheduled (induced), or in the middle of an exam.

Good luck!

Tim, Anna, and Abram Denney said...

I had to be induced after having my water break and let me tell you...the drug they give you is NOT your friend. It is very painful, but I have never gone without so I don't know what a natural labor feels like.
My only problem is that you are now going to have your baby before me and I am just a little bit jealous!!! : )
I don't see any problem with being induced if your doctor says its okay. I am going to be getting my c-section 2 1/2 weeks early so one week really isn't that much. I actually asked to have the c-section on July 2 instead of July 7because I wanted my mom to be here longer with the babies and because it is a holiday weekend which means Tim automatically gets time off, so I understand that you want to do this early so Brandt's mom can be there with you. : ) Good luck!

I am actually hoping that I will go into labor before my scheduled c-section so maybe I will have the twins before you have Peyton, but who knows. : )

Kaylee said...

I was induced. The pain has to do w/ whether or not you have an epidural. If you are induced and go on pitocin, you'll go into labor much faster than usual. (In fact, most women who naturally go in to labor are immediately put on it to speed things up) Whatever you do, don't try your own methods, like caster oil--very unsafe. Just follow your dr's instructions, he knows best.

Unknown said...

Okay, I know we talked for forever today. Here's my last little advice.

Before I went to the temple, my teachers told us to have no expectations. We would be okay because there would be someone to help you all along the way.

I know that you've studied up on everything, but go into the experience having no expectations (as hard as that is). There will be nurses and your doctor that can help you along the way.

That way there is no disappointment of what didn't go the way you expected it - only memories of exactly how incredible it is to give birth to your child.

Love you!

deargoodness said...

I've heard that being induced hurts real bad, like all the pain of labor crammed into just a couple hours--but I've never been induced, so I don't know. Anyways, I agree with Brittany-do whatever you feel is right and safest for you guys!

As for Brandt not doing well at the hospital, I can totally relate. Nate passes out if he's in a hospital for more than 20 minutes-and that's when he's visiting people in the hospital, not even when he's having anything done to himself! I was really worried how he would do when I had James, but we prayed a lot (I mean A LOT) beforehand that he'd be all right and guess what-he was just fine. The only time he even got close to passing out was when the doctors put the epidural in my back and he saw how long the needle was-he had to lie down and the nurses brought him some shaved ice :) It was such a huge blessing that he was able to be focused and not fainting all over the place! You guys will do great, and I'm so super excited for you!

Bethany said...

omygosh i can't believe how close you are!! i am so excited to see pics of your tiny baby!!

matt and brandi haven't had their baby yet- june 30th is their date. they are moving to provo in the fall, so matt just came and stayed with us for a few days to find housing, it was fun! and matt is finally on facebook, so you'll have to look him up!

Chelsey Hymas said...

I know we have talked about this a ton, but I'll share my thoughts (again). first off, Avoid caster-oil! Its not safe!

The doctors would not induce you early if Peyton wasn't ready! It is very true that pitocin makes contractions stronger, but alot of the time the pitocin starts things off, they break your water, then your body takes over, so it really depends.

Every pregnancy and labor is different, just because someone tells you about their bad experience with an induction and a good one without doesn't mean it will be anything like that for you. You don't have anything to prove to anyone, whatever decision you make is the right one for you! Don't let anyone make you feel pressured to choose one thing or another. It is between you and Brandt, and you guys will know whats right for you!