Pages

Saturday, July 21

Sporting KC

Brandt and I went to our first, and definitely not last, Sporting KC soccer game tonight. I bought the tickets for his birthday and surprised him with them. Neither of us knew what to expect because we had never really even been to a soccer game before, but it was SOOOOO much fun. Watching soccer is just intense and the whole crowd gets into it during the entire game. We were both standing up and cheering and even getting a few boos in there. We are going to make it a tradition and go every summer.
Highlights of the Night:
  • Free parking
  • Even though I bought the cheapest tickets, our seats were amazing! (Or at least we thought so)
  • Sharing a large dr. pepper and popcorn...Brandt went out twice during the game to get me a drink and snack...he loves me :)
  • During half time we saw the most amazing guy perform. I dont even know how to explain it, but he needs to go onto America's Got Talent. He holds five world records for his ball skills. He was dancing with a soccer ball and it never hit the ground and it was just plain awesome. I was in awe!
  • Brandt thanking me multiple times for the best birthday gift ever.
  • Catching myself getting into the game without even realizing it.
  • During the game a big green grasshopper landed on the back of the arm of the guy sitting in front of us and just sat there. I kept waiting for the guy to notice and when he finally did it was priceless! He put his hand back there to scratch and noticed the grasshopper and he freaked out. He grabbed it and frantically flung it into the crowd. And then he kind of looked around to see if anyone had noticed. We were laughing so hard!
  • At the end of the game we had to book it out to our car because we needed to run to the grocery store before we got home to our babysitter. We were parked probably a little less than a mile away(which kind of sucked,but ended up being a good thing). As soon as we crossed the street to the parking lot we both started running and we ran all the way back to our car and beat everyone. We didn't have to wait in a huge line to get out and that was pure awesomeness.  
  • Getting home to a clean, quiet house with both girls sound asleep. Babysitters are awesome!

All in all it was seriously a great night!

Love this guy!

See how close we were! I loved every second!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

SOOOO fun!!! Nate and I have been to every sport except soccer, but it looks like A LOT of fun!!! And... babysitters are SO amazing, it's so worth it!!!

Brit Bennion said...

That looks like so much fun! We definitely need to come for a visit!!