Pages

Tuesday, June 12

Painting

Brandt and I have lived in many different places since being married and moved a lot. I have been waiting/wanting a nice place for a while. So when we moved to Overland Park I was able to finally decorate- something I had never done before! I have learned what my decorating style is and I have had a lot of fun! Since we will be living in our apartment for the next 3 years I begged Brandt to let me paint. The lessons we have learned: painting sucks. It is very time consuming, always buy the gallon- it is cheaper and then you will have extra for touch-ups down the road, and basically I will probably never paint again until we are in our own house. It sucks knowing that when we move out we will have to prime over all our hard work...but hopefully the end results will be SO worth it.

Tonight as I was prepping the girl's room by washing the walls, I discovered Peyton's lovely "booger wall". Right behind the headboard of her bed the wall was COVERED in boogers that she had wiped there....nasty. At least I know she's not eating them, right?!

Pictures to come soon of our dining room, living room, and nursery/girl's room.




Brandt painting the trim and doors in Peyton and Paisley's room.

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD as I read about Peyton's Booger Wall... I'm pretty sure everyyyy kid has one of those! Unfortunately we didn't discover Ethan's until we moved and although they were super easy to just flick off (gross!!!) it was still nasty! But hey- like you said- at least she's not eating them!

Bethany Sines said...

haha oh my GOSH, eewww her booger wall?! that is hilarious. I know what you mean about the painting thing: Last year we lived in an apartment and I was just DYING to paint, so when the landlords gave us the green light I painted everything, including the front door. Then so many things changed and we ended up moving into our current house and yeah, it was so not worth it to paint cause our decision to move into a house was so last minute that I didn't have time to prime and paint the door and walls white again, so we totally lost a chunk of our deposit. it sucked.

Kiya said...

Booger Wall...HAHAHA so cute. She's a smart one, that Peyton!

Kaylee said...

I can't wait to see pictures! We have gotten to paint one of our places, a house that we rented, and it really was worth it. I loved finally having color on the walls, which I'm sure you will too!