Today was the perfect day. The weather was amazing, and that always puts me in a great mood. We headed off to Wal-Mart and Target to do some last minute Easter shopping. I am so grateful my hubs will go shopping with me...it makes me happy. Since Petland is right next to Target, we just couldn't resist, we had to go see the puppies. The girls were SO excited. We almost bought a puppy on the spot because it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They both loved it. While we were leaving the store Peyton turned to me and said, "Mommy, I don't want a baby, I want a puppy instead." *Side note: Lately she has been asking if I would bring home a baby since her friend has a baby brother. I thought that was pretty funny.
After the girls took their naps we started grilling. We had blackened chicken, grilled corn on the cob, cilantro lime quinoa, and guac. It was SO good. After dinner we dyed eggs. Paisley got a little excited and spilled the entire cup of yellow dye all over...thank goodness it was the yellow! To top the night off, after we put the girls to bed we ordered a papaya salad from our favorite Thai restaurant here in town. And now I am going to go make me some lemon squares! I love Spring!




4 comments:
Cute pictures! All that talk of food makes me hungry! I know what you mean about spring. I've been wanting Michael to grill so badly lately, I just never know what night to plan on it because of his busy schedule. But he's going to grill this Sunday I've decided!
What a great day! You are so good about doing such fun things with your kiddos. I need to do more with Payton. He will be lucky to get an easter egg hunt this year. Cute pictures. Peyton sure is growing up!
Such cute pictures, and I just loveeeee Peyton's smile! It's always the same, super big and super cute!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast and a great day! Wish we were there so we could do fun things together with the kids!
I agree, Peyton's smile is adorable! Happy Easter!
Post a Comment