This morning Peyton broke my brand new white ceramic fruit bowl. Brandt had gotten it for me for Easter so I was pretty upset and disappointed. I couldn't be too mad though because #1) Peyton was already upset at herself for breaking it and she felt really bad and kept apologizing, "I'm so sorry I broke your bowl mommy..." and how can you be mad at that?! and #2) she cut her knee pretty bad when it broke. So on top of breaking my bowl and having to pick up and vacuum the floor, I also had to scrub blood out of the carpet and her mattress. After I got everything cleaned up we curled up on the couch together and I said, "I still love you, even if you did break my bowl" and she turned to me and said, "Its okay mommy, we'll go get you another one." Oh man, I just love this girl to death!
Lately her new favorite phrase is, "I'm mad at you!" and she says it with this evil look and her arms crossed and sometimes she even sits down and huffs and puffs. Its really cute. She uses this most often when we are at the park playing and I say it is time to go home.
Paisley has started talking SO much. She is just plain adorable. I have to laugh because I always thought that Peyton had so much attitude...but then Paisley came along. She is such a little firecracker. I do not know what I am going to do with her once she becomes a teenager. She is very shy around people and slow to warm up but when it comes to climbing and doing crazy stuff she is not cautious at all. She is ALWAYS climbing, getting into everything, running out into the street, putting her head straight down into the water. It is so weird to me because Peyton has always been so cautious about that kind of stuff. Ever since I went to Utah/Idaho, Paisley has become quite the daddy's girl. She absolutely loves him. She runs around the apartment screaming, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy..."over and over again and really fast. Peyton has taken over the role as our little cuddle bug and often asks me if I will "scratch her back". Paisley doesn't want to be held at all anymore. When we are walking somewhere she has to be walking too and it is hard to even get her to hold my hand.
I really just love watching my girls grow and develop and seeing their personalities emerge more and more. They are so much fun and I really am pretty dang lucky. I feel so blessed that I get to stay home every day and just play with them.

1 comments:
Yay! I finally found my blog list so can keep up on your life again. ;)
Post a Comment