This Saturday Paisley will be 7 months old...
holy moly where has the time gone?!
As a mother it's my job to worry right?
Worry that my baby rarely rolls over-
especially from her back to her tummy.
Worry that my baby can't sit up...at all.
And the doctor told me to force her,
but when I try she stiffens her body like a board
and screams bloody murder as if I am killing her.
Worry that she refuses to eat any solid food period.
Not even the good stuff...bananas, apples, sweet potatoes.
Worry that she still doesn't sleep through the night,
and yes I have tried everything.
Worry that people are talking about my baby behind my back,
comparing their babies to mine,
worry that maybe it is my fault,
that I am not doing enough to help her.
Worry that there is possibly something wrong.
But in my heart, I know that everything is okay,
that she will do these things on her own terms,
not because I force her,
but because she wants to do them.
And all I can do is love her,
And I do.

9 comments:
Jeannette I love this post. I can't even describe why, I just do. It is so true for me too :) You are such an amazing mom! And you always make me jealous with the pictures of your adorable girls, I want one!
Guess what? You are the mom! and so you know if everything is just fine. And don't worry - Hadley hardly ever rolls over cuz she could care less about it. And she really doesn't eat very much solid foods cuz she just prefers nursing most of the time. AND she doesn't sleep through the night. Ha. I feel your pain. I'm running on empty in the sleep department! Don't worry about anyone who is saying anything or comparing their kid to yours - it doesn't matter! She is perfect just the way she is :)
Everyone likes to compare babies to each other and I can't ever figure out why...People of all ages are SOOO different with our only little quirks and personalities. Paisley is beautiful and loved and that's what's important. The other "milestone stuff", will come when she's ready. Just stay relaxed about it. When she's older none of that will matter AT ALL.
Your daughters are so cute. I wouldn't worry about it. You're a great mom and raising your children just fine. My daughter is already crawling and at times, she wakes up every 4-5 hours. She'll catch on soon enough.
Don't stress JenBen!!! You're a WONDERFUL, AMAZING, LOVING, THOUGHTFUL, & GENEROUS mother! Your girls certainly prove just how much you care for them in how they are growing up. All kids are different, and I really don't believe you can make them do things if they aren't ready. Just keep doing what you've done since Peyton was born and both of them will continue to grow and learn as they are! And don't let other people comparing kids bother you, you know your kids are the best anyway! :)
I haven't seen that second picture 'till now. This little gril really does remind me of my little "sunshine." =)
What a well written post, 'Netters! I can completely understand how you are feeling.....SO completely understand.
I love you and your beautiful family!
Oh my goodness your girls are SO cute! I worry a lot too...and holy cow have I totally learned to NEVER judge other moms because everyone just does the best they can with what they know. And- every child is different! It's ok. Sophie has always been a little slower than other kids her age. Jeanette, I am sure you are doing GREAT. She's just fine... and stinkin adorable!:)
If it makes you feel any better, Aisley is 10 months and still doesn't sleep through the night. I know what you mean though- you can't help but worry about anything and everything that has to do with your kids.
Lastly, that picture is so cute- Paisley's got such a pretty little face!
Post a Comment