Pages

Wednesday, May 5

Half Marathon & More

5 month baby bump


Aren't we lovely :)

Brandt and his medal

My lil frog
Picking up the CDs
Wahoo, she made it!


Almost to the finish line!

I just love her pig tails!!

On May 1st Brandt and his mom ran a half marathon together. I am so proud of both of them! The training was definitely not easy and it was a very windy windy day and they did it!! Good job guys! It was a lot of fun for Peyton and I to wait at the finish line and be able to cheer Brandt on while he finished his race. Now he is training for a half marathon that he will be running in Utah with my brother and sister-in-law in September. And next year he plans on running a full marathon while I run my first half. I cant wait!
Peyton has been growing so much! I put her hair in pig tails for the first time the other day and wow, where did my baby go? She looks like a little toddler! Her favorite word to say now is momma and I love it! For the longest time we could only get her to say dada. Also, she waves goodbye and hello and signs for milk all the time. I am working on teaching her cracker and please now. Whenever she sees gus the family dog, she says dog dog dog dog over and over again. It is SO cute! I will definitely have to get it on video because it sounds like she has an English accent when she says it. And, for the best part, yesterday Peyton took her first 2 steps all on her own! She had no idea that she did it or at least it didn't phase her at all but it was amazing. Brandt's mom and I just looked at each other in awe. Peytons favorite thing to do is definitely eat. She loves crackers and basically wants to eat whatever Brandt and I are eating. She is getting 4 teeth on top. One is poking through and coming down but the other three are just budding and swollen. And on top of that she got a nasty cold. I felt so bad for her but she handled everything like a champ and only woke up once during the night for 2 nights in a row(thank goodness!)
Brandt has been SUPER busy. I feel like we never get to see him anymore and I miss him. He gets up every morning at 5, studies for an hour and a half and then gets ready to be at work at 7:30-5:30 and then he comes home studies for another hour and then finally has the rest of the night off to be with us. And then on the weekend he studies 8 hours each day so we still dont get to see him then. I am SO ready for him to take the DAT and be done with dental school stuff for a while. But it will be worth it in the end! I am really just so grateful for him and everything he does for our family. Even though I know he is so exhausted he always helps me put Peyton to bed and change diapers if he is home. And he always finds the time to play with her. They have so much fun together and have such a special bond. I love it! He is an amazing dad and I couldn't be more lucky to have him!
As for me I had my first doctors appt here in Farmington and I loved it! I was really nervous because instead of going with an OB doctor I went with the midwives, and I don't think I will ever go back! I felt 100 times more comfortable with a woman and they spent 2 hours with me. No doctor would ever do that! They see you for 5 minutes and are ready to kick you out. I felt really good leaving my appt and I felt like they actually cared about me and I wasn't just another patient. And thanks to little miss Peyton I had a fever of 102 and got her nasty cold; being pregnant and sick at the same time sucks! I get my ultrasound on Friday and I cannot wait to see if this baby is still a girl and nothing has changed in a month! But other than that I am busy just taking care of Peyton all day. Which may not seem like a lot...but seriously this girl LOVES to make messes. Her favorite thing in the world is to take everything out of drawers and cupboards, books of the shelve, magazines out of the rack, toys everywhere...so I spend my days picking up after her and watching her do it all over again. But I love her and we have so much fun together! I wouldnt change it for anything!

5 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

Such cute pictures! You are lucky to have Brandt...and that he's such a hard worker. Can't wait to see you guys and see how big Peyton is! She's so cute!

deargoodness said...

I went to a mid-wife with George and it was awesome! I loved her. I'm so glad that you found someone good to go to-it's awful when your doctors don't care.

Are you so excited to run a 1/2 marathon? Nate wants me to run one with him this fall and I'm getting pretty excited about it.

What baby-signing material do you use with Peyton? I only did please, thankyou, and more with James and I want to do more with George.

I love Peyton's pigtails. She is so adorable!

JoHanna Bennion said...

Breyla still only has three teeth! Can't wait till she has some upper teeth! Peyton is getting so big!!

bren said...

Five months already? Shoot, you're far along! And wow, you're not even showing. So make sure you post if you're having a boy or girl, I'm excited to hear.

-Danica- said...

Excuse me but you are TINY! i am 2 weeks more then you with my first kid and i am showing way more then you! that is so crazy!