I was pretty scared to go to the hospital because I had no idea if I was really in labor or not and I didn't want to get sent home. All I knew was that I was supposed to go up when my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and consistent. So after a very long sleepless night I knew my contractions weren't going away and they were only getting more intense. However, I kept waiting for this feeling of death and excruciating pain but I felt fine. So finally after having contractions for over an hour that were 4 minutes apart we went up to the hospital and to my surprise they admitted me!! I seriously couldn't believe it when the doctor came in to tell me that I would be staying- he seriously made my day! When they checked me I was at a 3 and 90% effaced and by the time they got me to my actual delivery room I was already at a 4 and they told me I could now get the epidural. I was pretty nervous about getting it because I was afraid that it would slow my labor down so I decided to hold off a bit. But as soon as they broke my water a couple minutes later and I felt that first contraction I knew that was a BIG mistake! My contractions started coming super fast and super hard. And now since I didn't have all that fluid as a cushion it seriously killed. So I called the nurse in and 30 minutes later they were giving me the epidural and I was feeling SO much better. After the epidural I was dilated to a 6 and they told me that normally it takes an hour to get 1 cm so I figured I still had 4 more hours left to go or more. So Brandt's mom and his sister, Bracy, left to go to Wal-Mart thinking they had plenty of time. However, less than 20 minutes later I started feeling a lot of pressure and pain. I was pretty disappointed because I thought the epidural was supposed to take the pain away and I really wanted to take a nap but I couldn't because everytime I got a contraction it was so uncomfortable. So I called the nurse in, she checked me and I was completely dilated and the Peyton's head was right there ready to come. So after an hour of pushing I FINALLY got to meet my beautiful little girl! It was amazing and so much fun! I would definitely do it all over again.

6 comments:
Mom and I are so proud of you. We're dieing to be there with you.
Love,
Daddy
Oh, Netters! Only you would say it was so fun! I'm so grateful everything went so smooth for you.
Love you!
Are you home yet?
Post more pictures. Must have more pictures. Those picture you put up are great, but I want moooooore!
This granddaughter by Blog deal isn't working out.
Wow Jen, I am soooo proud that you were able to get through it. I am so impressed with your beautiful girl. She looks stunningly like you. Your mom and I went shopping today and she got Peyton some really adorable outfits! I helped picked them out! They will look reall good on her! She is so dark and beautiful!
Congrats! She is so beautiful!
I don't know that I would describe labor as fun, but I am glad that everything went smoothly and quick for you. She is really cute. : )You are doing a lot better on posting for your blog than me. I haven't posted anything and my girls are almost 4 weeks old!!!
Post a Comment