Pages

Friday, April 17

Receiving Blankets

Brandt and I have been SO busy! It really hasn't felt like much of a spring break but that's okay. Today we were able to go to the temple and it was amazing! I love being there and how good I always feel. I always realize how truly blessed and lucky I am and how much I love Brandt and Peyton. I can't wait to be her mommy and to finally meet her- only 11 more weeks! Yay!

Here is a picture of my 29 week belly- it's getting huge!

Last night I started working on my receiving blankets. I was able to borrow my great grandma's sewing machine and I was pretty dang nervous. I hadn't sewed anything since my Sophomore year of high school and I couldn't even remember how to work a sewing machine, so I knew that this was going to be a challenge! The first blanket I did was horrible!!! I was so depressed and I pretty much never wanted to sew again. I couldn't figure out why it was so hard- I didn't remember my other sewing projects being this hard before! I figured it was the sewing machine because I couldn't get the material to feed through so I was trying to feed it through myself and keep it straight and wow...it was hard! But today it hit me...I forgot to put the foot down!!!! Duh! So I unstitched the entire blanket and re-did it and it turned out a lot better!!! I love sewing now! But anyways...here are the 3 receiving blankets I made.



5 comments:

deargoodness said...

that makes me so happy that you forgot to put the foot down--how great. The blankets look great! It is so fun getting ready for baby--I can't believe she's almost here!

Brit Bennion said...

That's funny about the foot, but they look so cute! Good for you. Sewing is fun huh?! And you still look great.

Tim, Anna, and Abram Denney said...

The blankets look good!! I really like the fabric you picked. And your belly is lookin' pretty cute too!!!!! You can definitely tell you've got a little person growing hin there! : )Only 2 1/2 months!! Yay!

JoHanna Bennion said...

You look sooo adorable Jen. I did that same thing to my curtains, i hate redoing things, i takes forever! BUT i love the material u chose, very cute!!!

Sarah said...

you have the cutest bump!! good work on the blankets! i am jealous that you have that talent!