I have the most amazing husband ever. Every day I am blessed with the assurance that my choice to marry Brandt was the best decision I ever made and that we truly were meant to be together...because honestly, I don't think anyone could put up with me as well as he does. Growing up I felt like I was the "money bag" child and not because I was spoiled because my parents didn't have the money to spoil me- it was because I always have something wrong with me medically. Brandt was definitely warned and knew exactly what he was getting into and I'm sure my Dad told him more than he needed to know and yet he still took on the responsibility.
The other night neither of us had really eaten a meal since lunch and it was already 9pm. Of course I had been snacking on things all day but I needed to eat something real. Since I've been pregnant we really haven't bought any groceries like we used to because its so hard to plan meals when I have no idea what will sound good to me that day. Anyways, I knew Brandt was extremely tired and way hungry himself- he had hardly eaten anything since lunch- but he turned to me and said what can I get you for dinner? I can go the store and make you something or I can just go get something from somewhere. At that point I really wasn't feeling very good and nothing sounded good to me. I didn't want him to have to make me something because I knew he was tired and yet I really didn't want junky greasy food. So I finally decided on a BLT salad from Wendy's. When he got home the first thing he said was wow, your salad smells really good! And of course he hadn't gotten anything for himself...he never does. So there I was eating this huge pretty amazing salad and he was munching on cereal. I took a couple more bites of my salad and I felt pretty full and there was still tons left so I gave the rest to Brandt. He was so excited- it was like a little boy on Christmas. So I left and started getting ready for bed and I peaked around the corner and I don't know why but just watching him eat the rest of my salad made me want to cry. I could tell that he was so hungry and he just looked so cute. I honestly love him so much and I am so grateful for him. He does EVERYTHING for me even when I don't deserve it. He is always sacrificing for me and doing whatever he can to make me happy. He always tells me that he doesn't want to fail as a husband and a daddy and he most definitely is not. He takes amazing care of me and I know that he loves me more than anything and that's the best feeling in the world. I was so scared the other night when I knew I needed to go to the ER because I didn't know how much our insurance would cover so I tried to pretend like everything was okay. Brandt however, knew that I was lying and basically dragged me to the hospital. He told me that he didn't care how much it cost and that he would do anything for me. I always tease him how relieved my Dad was once we got married because he wouldn't have to pay for me anymore and now it was Brandt's job, but never once has he complained and I love that. I am so very blessed!

1 comments:
Dear Jeannettie,
You know I'll be visiting other blogs--but I'll always save the last dance for you.
Daddy
Post a Comment