On Monday Brandt and I went to my first appointment and we got to see our little baby! It was so fun. I loved watching Brandt's face, he was so happy and excited! I can't believe how fast their little hearts beat either! It was so cute!! I cant wait to find out what I'm having!
At the appointment I was going to talk to my doctor about getting some kind of morning sickness medicine that would be safe for me but I didn't because I had been feeling so good! I hadn't had really any morning sickness for the last couple of days and I decided not to worry about it because I thought that I was finally getting better. So as soon as my appointment was over we headed down to Utah and stayed with Adam and Brit. It was really fun- I always love hanging out with them! They made a really good taco soup and even Brandt loved it- which he normally won't eat it! The next morning we headed down to Farmington. Everything was going great and we were so excited to see Brandt's family. And I was still feeling great!...And then there was Wednesday. I woke up and I was feeling fine so I ate a bowl of cereal and threw it all up. After throwing up I felt much better so I ate a breakfast burrito that Brandt's mom made and I actually kept it down so I ate another! Anways long story short that is all I was able to keep down all day. For the rest of the day everything that I ate came back up. And normally when I had been throwing up I was able to keep most everything down and I would only dry heave or throw up small amounts but this time it was like I had the flu or something because everything came up...it was horrible. So the next day, Thanksgiving, everything I tried to eat came right back up within minutes. As soon as I drank or even ate anything I would have to run to the bathroom. It was so embarrassing, I was throwing up at his Grandpa's house with ALL of his family and cousins there. I didn't even get to eat turkey! That night I tried eating something really small, a chocolate pudding, and I couldnt even keep that down. I tried to take very very small sips of a gatorade and that wouldn't stay down so we were starting to get really worried because I hadn't eaten anything and was getting really dehydrated and losing weight. Brandt and his brother gave me a blessing. The next morning was worse, I hadnt even eaten anything and I was throwing up. So we decided that we needed to cut our trip short and get home as soon as possible. Brandt made a bed for me in the back of our car and we headed home. I tried to eat a popsicle and suck on ice chips which did make me feel better but I still couldnt keep it down. As soon as we got to Rexburg Brandt took me to the emergency room at about 9pm. They immediantly drew my blood and put an IV in. My blood was so thick- she could hardly get it to come out. They wanted me to stay in my bed until I had to pee which they said normally happens after the 2nd or 3rd liter. When the nurse came in to put me on the 4th liter she said that she couldn't believe I didn't have to pee yet and that this wasn't normal. When I had about half of the 4th liter in me she came back in and said that they were all starting to get really worried about me out there and that she wanted me to just try to go pee even though I didn't have to. But I am SO glad that I went. They gave me zofran-morning sickness pill and I feel like a new woman now haha! I have Hyperememis gravadium(I think thats how you spell it) We finally were able to leave at 1:15am and they told me that if I didn't take my zofran and drink lots of water and especially gatorade then I would be in there constantly on an IV...which I hope never has to happen again! So that was how I spent my wonderful Thanksgiving Break!

3 comments:
Im sorry you have been so sick!! Isn't zofran a miracle drug? I told you! Its too bad though that you didnt get it before you went on your thanksgiving trip, so you could have enjoyed turkey.
Hopefully you will be feeling better now and able to eat!
I love your little peanut!! I can't believe were gonna have babies at the same time!! ahhhh!!!!!! LOVE IT!
I'm so sad that you're feeling sick....I hope by now you're feeling better. Maybe we can both get passed all of this before you get here.
Then we can have fun together
Post a Comment