Pages

Friday, February 22

Snow Day!

Kansas City was hit with a Thunder Snow Storm; pretty bizarre to see thunder while it is snowing. We got around 10-12 inches of snow....so they CANCELLED school! Brandt has been able to stay home the last two days and it has been so much fun having him here! Yesterday we stayed in our pj's pretty much all day and then after nap time we ventured out into the snow. It was freezing! Paisley lasted longer than I thought she would, almost a whole hour. Peyton was out there for over an hour and a half and by the time she came in she was freezing. Her little face and hands were frozen to the bone! She kept crying because she was so cold it hurt. I wrapped her up in a blanket and warmed her up with some peppermint hot chocolate...yum! We considered buying the girls snow bib pants and boots but didn't because it only snowed once last winter and we didn't want to waste the money. When we went to the store to stock up Wednesday night before the storm everything was gone! There were no more boots or pants left. Even the food aisles were empty. We had to go to 3 different stores to get everything we needed. Brandt and I thought it was pretty funny that people were freaking out about 12 inches of snow.

Caught her eating snow after we told her not too






Snow bunnies!

starting to smile...this picture reminds me of Peyton SO much when she was a baby



We thought it would be pretty funny to toss the girls in the snow. Pais did too, until she hit :)

2 months old already!


These two look so much alike to me. Twins!

3 comments:

Idei said...

What cute pictures! I can't believe all the snow you have...there was just a snowflake or two when I left! It looks like a memorable day...how fun!!! Thanks for sharing...Love you all!

deargoodness said...

I'm completely jealous of your snow days! It looks like so much fun, and an excuse to have hot chocolate? yes please. Little Penny is so so cute, I just want to squeeze her! I can't wait to see who my baby will look like

bren said...

Oh my goodness- you have three beautiful little girls. They all have the most angelic faces and seem to have SO much personality! How cute. It's hard to tell who looks like who, but Penelope looks the most like you, I think. By the way, I lucked out having friends give Kinlee and Aisley snowsuits last year and they were hardly used! I have a hard time spending a lot of money one something that we barely use- like snow clothes!