Pages

Tuesday, January 1

Life with Three, Christmas, and New Years

 I don't want to jinx myself and say that life with three is easy...but it hasn't been hard either. It is definitely an adjustment, but the hardest part has been getting a routine down, especially with nursing a new born. I will say that I feel like I have no room for slacking though. I am constantly busy with either taking care of Penelope, cleaning, cooking, and just playing with Peyton and Paisley. Penelope is such a good baby though! She loves to be held and I dont mind one bit because I am not going to take any stage for granted! I think the hardest part about having three is trying to divide my time equally. I dont want to make anyone feel left out. Both of my girls love having Penelope around! She is the first person they ask for in the morning and they both love kissing and holding her. Peyton is a little rough so I am constantly getting after her. The other day she wanted Penelope to wake up so she walked up to her and started poking her in the forehead over and over again. Paisley is naturally just so mothering and gentle. I love watching her with Penelope and I cant wait for her to someday have her own children because it is the sweetest thing! I just love my girls so much!

Christmas was so much fun at our house this year. I love how magical it is. We woke up Christmas morning to the sound of Paisley laughing in the living room, playing with her toys. It was so fun watching their eyes light up as they saw that Santa had brought them what they asked for! I just love everything about it!! After we were all done opening presents and eating our Christmas breakfast, we played all day and then headed over to our good friend's the Allan's for dinner. I brought the stuffing, rolls, dessert, and martinelli's. It was so nice to have something to look forward to and people to spend the evening with...and of course dinner was amazing!
My friend Karina knit that adorable Christmas hat for Penelope. She had made another hat but when she brought it to me at the hospital it was too big, so she went home and knitted another hat! She said it was the teensy-est hat she had ever made.
3 days old

 I finally got around to taking Penelope's pictures today! I sure do love this little girl! She is perfect in every single way!

Daddy's hands

My loves! I love these girls!




When her eyes are closed she reminds me a lot of Paisley's baby pictures. But when her eyes are open she looks a lot like Peyton. She is definitely her own little person though.

Peyton loves Penelope. She seriously giggles EVERY time she sees her. She thinks all the noises she makes, the way she moves her hands, her little legs and toes are just so funny.


 On New Years Eve it finally snowed! It had snowed the day I came home from the hospital but Peyton had the stomach flu and couldn't go out and play and by the next day most of it had melted. She was SO bummed. When we realized it was snowing we had Peyton go look out the window and she shouted, "I can't believe my eyes!!" She was so excited! Brandt took her and Paisley out to build a snowman before we went over to a friend's house for a New Year's Eve party. When we got home we noticed that someone had knocked over the snowman. Peyton was already tired and when she is tired she is even more dramatic than normal and she was crushed. She couldn't understand why someone would do that...it was kind of heartbreaking.


Paisley hates being cold! She barely lasted 5 minutes out there before she was banging on the door to come back inside. Peyton could have stayed out there all day though.






4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Cute, Cute pictures! Love the ones of the girls out in the snow, they're so pretty! Everyone told me before I had Jaxon that three was the kicker, and that after three you'll have the hardest adjustment. I was scared. That hasn't been the case in our house either, three is "harder" than two, but only because it's just work for one more person and I don't think it gets that way until the baby of the family reaches about 6 months or so, when they're awake a lot more during the day. You're a great Momma! Keep it up!

deargoodness said...

oh man, your girls make me want a girl SO bad! they are so adorable and sweet! congratulations again, you are an awesome momma!

Kiya said...

Congrats, Jeanette! BEAUTIFUL girls! I'm so happy for you guys and hope for the best. I wish we could run into you in the near future and let the girls run wild together....oh so fun that would be. The pictures are BEAUTIFUL as well- awesome job!

Maddy said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable. That's crazy that all your girls weighed almost the exact same! They are all so cute together. That stomach flu stinks- we had it before Christmas too and then Sophie was throwing up yesterday. There seems to be a lot going around. Your are amazing to go through that with a newborn to boot! Congrats again! She is beautiful.