About a month ago my dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a rare bone cancer. Originally we were planning on just staying home with our little family for Thanksgiving since I was going to be 36 weeks pregnant, but we decided that we wanted to travel home to spend it with my parents. It was wonderful and I am so glad that we did! I loved getting to spend that time with my family, especially my dad. We all pitched in to help with the meal and it was so delicious! We spent a lot of time talking, playing games, and going to the park. We had so much fun that Peyton and Paisley did not want to leave. On our way home Peyton started "panicking" saying that she left her shoes at Grandma and Grandpa's house and that we NEEDED to go back and get them...she was willing to try anything to get us to turn around. She talked about her cousins the whole way home and is already planning a trip to Utah to see them. Her new favorite person is Uncle Adam; she thinks he is either a monkey or spiderman so obviously he is the coolest person in the world, and he has an I-pad and plays cool games on the computer. Paisley loved just cuddling with her papa- they were movie watching buddies. Before we left Brandt, my brother Adam, and brother-in-law Andrew were able to give my Dad a blessing. It was so special. I am so grateful for all the worthy priesthood holders in my life, especially my husband. I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. We made some great memories. It has been one of my favorite Thanksgivings yet!
This made me cry!! Im SO sad for your family and just seeing your dad with paisley made me cry! He's such a great dad... I know this because I feel like I know him through all of the years that Ive known you! Im so glad you were able to go and visit. Im sure that was wonderful for everyone!
Ok, that last picture is pretty much my most favorite picture ever!!! Why didn't I ever take a picture like that?? I've been pregnant through two different Christmas seasons! And I kind of hope I'm never pregnant through another one, although it is making me feel pretty sentimental seeing your picture and looking through our last year's Christmas pictures. Having a baby at Christmas is the best!!
So sorry to hear about your Dad, that is horrible. I hope you guys had a nice visit with your parents over Thanksgiving though. Those are some precious pictures you captured!
stay at home mommy who loves spending each and every second with her two beautiful girls Peyton and Paisley. Loves reading, new clothes, shoes, makeup, hair, cooking and of course eating, running, dance parties, pillow fights, building forts, crafting, and just plain being a girl.
The Hubby...
dental student at UMKC as well as the best daddy in the world. Loves cooking, sports, music, singing at the top of his lungs in the shower...especially country music with his lil twang {kill me now}, sports, running, working out, and did I mention sports?
4 comments:
This made me cry!! Im SO sad for your family and just seeing your dad with paisley made me cry! He's such a great dad... I know this because I feel like I know him through all of the years that Ive known you! Im so glad you were able to go and visit. Im sure that was wonderful for everyone!
Thanks for these wonderful pictures. Papa and Pais is my favorite. Love you guys.
Ok, that last picture is pretty much my most favorite picture ever!!! Why didn't I ever take a picture like that?? I've been pregnant through two different Christmas seasons! And I kind of hope I'm never pregnant through another one, although it is making me feel pretty sentimental seeing your picture and looking through our last year's Christmas pictures. Having a baby at Christmas is the best!!
So sorry to hear about your Dad, that is horrible. I hope you guys had a nice visit with your parents over Thanksgiving though. Those are some precious pictures you captured!
Post a Comment