Brandt finished his summer scholar program/research work internship the last weekend in July so we decided to spend the last of our summer visiting family before Fall semester started. We packed up and drove all the way to New Mexico for a week with Brandt's family. It was a BLAST! We had such a good time visiting and just spending time with family. The girls were in heaven and absolutely love their Grams and Gramps. When we were getting ready to leave Peyton kept telling us that she didn't want to go and she ran back to her room and said, "I want my bed!" It sure was hard to leave. We hate being so far away and cant wait until we can move closer.
While we were there Brandt went to a Connie Mack World Series baseball game with his dad. Peyton, Grams, and I went to Berg Park to catch butterflies. Grams made the BEST cookies with the girls. We got to meet precious baby Maggie. We got to see some of our old friends, the Wrays. Grams took the girls to Big Bounce and that was a big hit-so much fun! The girls got to pick fresh strawberries, plums, and tomatoes from Grams' garden. We made tie dye shirts and onsies for all the little girls; it was definitely a learning experience, but so fun! I will post a picture later of the shirts. It was a great visit and we cant wait until we get to go back!

 |
| Pais didn't want anyone but Grams. |
 |
| This face cracks me up! |
 |
| Daddy teaching Peyton how to golf |
 |
| Little cheater |
 |
| Enjoying their slushies |
 |
| Running through the sprinklers in the backyard |
 |
| Lovely bedhead hair |
 |
| Preschool time with Mommy while Daddy took Pais out. We traced letters, shapes, and numbers with finger paint using a q-tip. She LOVED it. I am feeling really guilty about not putting her in preschool this year. She has been asking all summer, almost every day, multiple times a day, if she can go...but I just feel like I need to keep her home one more year. She will be in school for the rest of her life and I want one more year with her! |
1 comments:
She looks so old in that 2nd to last picture - like a little girl, not a toddler. So crazy! I bet Brandt's family LOVED getting to spend so much time with those two (soon to be 3!) cuties :)
Post a Comment