Pages

Tuesday, February 14

V-day

Valentine's Day has never really been that big of a deal to me. All I ask is that Brandt show me a little bit of romanticism. Yesterday as I was cleaning up after dinner Brandt and I were talking about Valentine's Day and I said, "I wish you were a little bit more romantic and you could do things for me without me telling you to. I don't need flowers, or anything like that....but a homemade card or something small to show me that you love me would be nice, ya know?" Normally he would have defended himself, which he didn't, and at that point I should have been suspicious but I really didn't think anything of it as he ran down the stairs so he could get some snow off his pants. When he came back up he had this huge grin on his face as he put a big box on the counter and my mouth just dropped. He said that he was going to wait until Tuesday morning to surprise me, but after the comment I had just made he couldn't wait any longer. For the last 3 years I have been talking about getting a nice camera and how much I have wanted one, but of course I always talk myself out of it. Earlier that weekend we were at Costco and I had even picked out the camera I wanted and decided to put it back because I didn't really need it and we could spend our tax return another way or save it. So now I am the proud owner of a Canon t21 and I love it! I am already having so much fun taking pictures and learning how to work it. This has definitely been the best Valentine's and the best present I have ever gotten. I am a pretty lucky girl! Oh, and the best part about getting the camera was that my nikon coolpix that Brandt and I got when we were either dating or just married broke that day. So it worked out great!

Recently Peyton has started joy school. Today my good friend Saydie, had an amazing valentine's party at her house for the kids. They made and frosted sugar cookies, decorated valentine's for each other and their daddies, and some other really fun activities. I haven't had the preschool at my house yet and this was the first time that I stayed so I got to see first hand how Peyton behaves. I was shocked. You always want to think the best of your child, but Peyton was horrible. She was bossing everyone around, demanding things, not saying please and thank you, we couldn't keep her attention for more than a minute, she wouldn't sit still in her seat...wow. I was so embarrassed. They probably think I am a horrible parent. It was a real eye opener for me that I need to work on some things with her and that having her go to this preschool is actually a really good thing. When we were leaving I had Paisley in one arm and her valentine stuff in the other so I opened her door and asked her to get in her seat so I could put Pais in. Normally she just jumps right in, but not today. She wouldn't get in the car or even listen to me and there were cars coming so I told her that she didn't get her valentine ring pop when she got home. As we were driving home Peyton says, "Can I have my ring pop mommy? Please and thank you." Me: "Nope, you didn't listen when I asked you to get in the car so you dont get your valentine." Peyton: "But mommy it's valentine's day...okay!" Gotta love her!

4 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

SO CUTE! I totally understand what it's like to think that your kid will act one way and you find out they totally act a different way. It gets better as you go along. (Hopefully!) And that's so awesome about your new camera. What great timing!!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Yay!!! Awesome!!!! I know you've been wanting a new camera for a LONG time, WAY TO GO BRANDT!!!!!!!!! I expect LOTS more pictures now Missy!!!

Bethany Sines said...

my sister got that same T21 from Costco and when she told me all the things that it came with I was totally surprised at how good of a deal it was. So nice choice! : )

Kiya said...

Way cute post! I love the surprise! Good luck trying to figure the camera ou! I start to think I can take a pretty good picture every once in a while until I learn more about how to work the camera and then realize all my pictures before were terrible! Haha. Sooooo much to learn. You will LOVE it! I have the T3i so it's practically the same! Also, you're girls are DARLING and I can't believe Peyton's hair is as long as it is....she looks so grown up!