
The Monday before Christmas we decided to act out the nativity with the girls for FHE. It was a lot of fun and Peyton loved dressing up and playing Joseph. She carried "baby Jesus" around all night and wanted to sleep with him. When she came into our room the next morning to wake us up, she had the white headband around her forehead again.
This was the first year that we stayed home for Christmas rather than going to our families homes and I was actually kind of excited about it! We got to start our own family traditions and we didn't have to worry or stress about traveling in weather and with cranky kids. On Christmas Eve we had a small get together with some friends. We printed some polar express tickets for the kids and while they watched the movie we ate goodies and drank some bomb-diggity homemade apple cider and played catch phrase. Brandt's family always eat mexican food on Christmas Eve so we decided to keep that tradition. So after the movie was over we ran home and ate taquitos with homemade salsa and guac with chips. After dinner we let the girls open their Christmas Eve jammies and we read Twas the Night Before Christmas and Jesus' birth in the Bible. Then we gave the girls their polar express tickets and took them out to look at lights around town. It was so much fun. I loved hearing the girls ew and aw. In Overland Park they have a street called "Christmas Lane" and all the houses having a decorating/light contest- it was beautiful. Also, there is a house that has their lights set to Christmas music on their own radio station. I had never seen that in person so it was really fun to see. When we got home we set out milk and cookies for Santa and went to bed.
The next morning the girls woke up and found their stockings and gifts from Santa on the couch. I loved watching their cute little faces and eyes light up as they played with their new gifts. Christmas really is so magical and it is so much fun experiencing it as a parent. After breakfast we got ready for church and then opened our gifts from grandparents and family. We had such an amazing Christmas this year and I am so grateful for family. The girls had such a good Christmas and were definitely spoiled!
Since I did all the Christmas shopping I didnt get myself any stocking stuffers, which I was totally fine with. Both Brandt and I were laughing because my side of the couch looked so lame. When Paisley woke up at her usual 3 am, Brandt jumped up to get her a bottle and I really didn't think much of it. But when I went out in the morning I saw that he had surprised me and gotten me my favorite hot chocolate mix from Starbucks and a gift card to a boutique here in town- what a sweetheart! He is so good to me, even when I dont deserve it.

Brandt's mom gave us klean kanteens and this is what she wrapped them in. It is Santa's suit. I thought that was so cute and clever.






2 comments:
I love Christmas with kids! They make everything so much more exciting and special!
The girls look so cute dressed up for the nativity skit! And I absolutely love paisleys face sitting on santas lap. Kids make everything better!!!
Post a Comment