
Okay ladies...I have been asked to do our RS Bulletin Board at church on a VERY small budget. So far this is what I have come up with and I think it looks a bit plain. Any suggestions on how to liven it up or make it cuter? I had to add the pictures from the ensign because the girl I am working with added those and I couldn't take them down. So hit me with your best shot!

7 comments:
do you have enought money to put some butcher paper up behind everything? also cheap, i would set some different patterend paper behind all the pictures, calendar, etc. i think it's cute though! i wish i had your calling! jealous!
I will message you my ideas when I get on the computer and can link up some pics! I do think it looks a little plain but still cute!!
the lady in our ward who does the bulletin board bought a yard of cheap cute fabric and stapled it up to the background and then put everything on top of it, it looks nice. I agree with the patterned paper to layer things, it would look good. I'm sure whatever you do will look super cute
Okay, Nette....we have used fabric, butcher paper, wrapping paper, tissue paper, and freezer paper as backgrounds. Dollar Store wrapping paper is.....well $1.00 a roll and it will go on sale right after Christmas so you could stock up if you wanted to. If your background is patterned, then use a solid neutral behind the other stuff to layer it and bring it out. If your background is solid, use patterned layering paper.
I think that would dress it up quite a bit. Let me think and take some pictures tomorrow and I'll send them to you.
oh...yeah you might add headings...ie Calendar, Spotlight, group the Ensign Pictures together and do a Sisters of Zion or Women of God heading or something like that. Does that make sense?
For our YW one I went to the Dollar Tree and bought some super cheap but colorful wrapping paper to use as the background, just stapeling the edges. Also, you could put a Visiting Teaching area with the monthly message. Maybe pictures of the 1st presidency, or the RS theme in your ward. Our YW one also had a picture of the presidency with their contact info underneath, which made it easy for other people to know who we were. I love your banner, it's so cute!
Glad to see you working on the Relief Society general board. Hehehe
Post a Comment