Pages

Wednesday, October 12

Some Fall Projects

I have only made one pie in my life and it was a pumpkin pie from scratch. So this Fall I really wanted to make an apple pie and use an all butter crust because I hate shortening; it's basically plastic. It was soo yummy. I will never go back to a shortening crust again. I love pies...so much more than cake!

Such a doll. I was trying to take some cute pictures of little miss Peyton but lately she refuses to look at the camera. This is the best that I could get.

While Paisley was napping I decided to work on my Halloween decor and Peyton wanted in on the action so I let her finger paint while I painted my letters.

So far this is all the Halloween decorations I have, but you have to start somewhere right? We will just slowly have to accumulate stuff over the years. I really wanted to make a cute banner for my mantel but with a student's budget it's hard to get fancy. I had envisioned this turning out cuter than it did, but it works and the girls love it!

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Your Halloween decor looks GREAT!!! but don't the girls just want to rip it down?!?! I know my boys would never keep that up there! Such boys!!!

-Danica- said...

Let's PLEASE get together in the summer!! Hadley would love that so much - she loves playing with kids. And it would be so great to catch up! I can't believe how similar her and Paisley are. How fun :) btw - props on the pie! I have made pie crust but never a full blown pie. It looks yummy :)

bren said...

I love your decor! By the way, just had to say that I never use shortening either. I think that's why my cookies are usually lame, BUT my pie crusts are usually pretty good wth all butter!