Pages

Sunday, August 7

Spontaneous Moments

Last Thursday Brandt finished up the last of his undergrad work required for dental school...so of course we had to celebrate! I called up my good friend Karen and had her watch the girls while Brandt and I went on our first real date in a VERY long time...like, since before Peyton was born. It was really nice to get away, but I'll be honest, I missed my girls! We were only gone for two hours and we went to this really fun authentic Indian restuarant. They kept bringing us food that we didn't even order just because they wanted us to try it. When the owner found out that Brandt had lived in Thailand he said, "We do spicer than Thailand." And the next thing we know he brings over some naan bread. Little did we know, but it was filled with thinly diced habeneros. I took one bite and was ready to go home after that. I thought I could handle spicy but that was just plain painful. It was a lot of fun and I am glad that we were able to go and have some alone time together. Brandt and I are homebodies and the perfect date night for us is just relaxing at home with a movie and some ice cream after the girls are down for the night.

That following Saturday Brandt asked me what I wanted to do for the next couple weeks before he starts school up and I basically never get to see him. We honestly didn't have any responsibilities and could do anything we wanted so we decided to take a trip and visit family. We packed up and as soon as the girls woke up from their naps we headed out. We stayed with my parents for a night and then drove to New Mexico and spent a couple days with Brandt's parents. It was so much fun and relaxing. Totally stress free. Normally I stress out about bed times and am real hardcore about keeping to their routine, but I just went with the flow and I loved it. Peyton stayed up and cuddled with me every night while we watched Toy Story and it was a lot of fun to have that bonding time with her. I didn't want to come home because she slept with me every night and I loved cuddling her. She always had to have her hand on my face to make sure I wasn't going to slip away and one night she even threw her entire body over mine to pin me down. I sure do love that girl.

She had a blast spending time with her Grams and Gramps. They played micro machines, baked the best ever chocolate chip cookies, sang and danced. Peyton now knows and loves "The Wheels on the Bus" We had to sing it the entire way home. It was such a fun week and I am so glad that we decided to go. Normally Brandt and I always have these great ideas but in the end back out because we want to save money, but for once we did something fun and for ourselves.

On our way home we stopped and stayed with my brother and his family in Pueblo, CO. It was so good to see them and I loved watching my kids play with their cousins. I wish that I would have had more time there. We also stopped in Ness City and Bazine, KS to check out my dad's new job and the place they will be living. It was a lot of fun and Peyton and Paisley sure do love their Grandma and Papa. My dad took us out to eat at this really yummy Mexican restuarant...we will definitely be going there again!

I am so blessed and have the best family ever.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Oh Jen, you do have the best family ever huh?! Im so happy you were able to get away and spend time with them. That's the greatest!!!! Where's all the pictures though lady???? I've been checking your blog everyday but no pics... :( anyway, so glad you were able to get out and have a date with your Hubby before he starts dental school- that's awesome!!!! Now post some pictures!!!

Brit Bennion said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I'm glad that you did something spontaneous. Way to grab life by the horns!