Pages

Friday, June 24

Kitchen Loving

Red Velvet...yum!

I feel like I have spent all day in the kitchen. For Brandt's birthday I made him cinnamon nutmeg waffles with peaches and home made whip cream for breakfast and it was sooo good! Tonight I am making baked egg rolls and my version of Panda Express Orange Chicken. For his dessert I made red velvet cupcakes. And for lunch I made my homemade salsa. Here is the recipe.
Salsa
Ingredients:
  • 5-6 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 2 jalepenos, diced(take out the vein/seeds if you aren't a spicy person)(not pictured)
  • 1 serrano pepper, diced(not pictured)
  • 1 small can of diced green chiles(Hatch is our favorite brand if you can find it)
  • 1/2 large red onion, diced
  • zest and juice of 1 lime
  • bunch of cilantro
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Put everything into your blender/food processor and blend away!
*It tastes better the next day. I always make it in advance.



1 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

happy birthday brandt!!! So glad you have a wonderful wife to make you such delicious looking foods on your special day! Hope it was fantastic!!