Pages

Thursday, October 14

First Overnighter in the Hospital

I honestly never thought I would be sitting in the hospital with my three week old baby, but here I am. Yesterday morning Paisley seemed to have a cold and I really didn't think anything of it. She had a runny nose and was super congested. Later that night she was having a hard time breathing because her nose was so clogged and was gasping for breath. So Brandt gave her a blessing and within a minute her breathing got better. I was sitting there thinking how grateful I am for the priesthood and how amazing it is and how grateful I am to have a husband and father in law who are worthy priesthood holders. And I was very grateful because I thought I was going to get a good nights sleep instead of staying awake all night to make sure Paisley was breathing. However, my night quickly changed...for the worse. At 1:00 am Paisley woke up crying- which she never cries so I knew something was wrong. I tried to get her to eat but she would not latch on. So I pumped and gave her the bottle, which she took. But as she was finishing up the last of the milk she started gagging and throwing up all over the place. And I don't just mean spitting up- this was the real deal. Projectile vomit that probably would have reached the other side of the room if I hadn't been blocking the way. It was like getting hit with a water balloon. I was so worried because she had never done that before and I had never seen a baby throw up like that. For the rest of the night she had a hard time sleeping and cried a lot and refused to eat. And every time she did eat nothing would stay down. So first thing in the morning I called the doctors office and they had me come right in. After having 3 doctors come in and check her they decided she needed to be admitted into the hospital right away for tests and to stay the night. So I headed straight over....after attempting to feed her again and having to change my clothes again from being thrown up all over on.
They had to put a cathader in her and an IV...which was horrible. I left the room because I knew I was going to start bawling and I needed to keep it together, but I could still hear her screaming down the hall and it broke my heart. In about 30 minutes they are going to do a lumbar tab to check for meningitis. She is really dehydrated and her white blood cell count is really high so there is obviously something going on but they don't know where or what exactly. I feel so horrible for her and hate seeing her in so much pain. I am just praying that everything is okay and we will be able to leave tomorrow.

p.s. for some reason whenever I am in the hospital it always underlines what I write...incase you were wondering.

5 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Were praying for Paisley! I hope things are getting better! Love you!!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! Keep your head up. Your sweet family and new sweet baby Paisley is in our prayers! Keep me posted! Love you!

Kaylee said...

Oh my goodness I'll say a prayer for you right now. That's so scary to have your babies hurting and not be able to fix it. You're such a good mom and Heavenly Father knows that. He'll take care of you guys.

Bethany said...

Jeannette!!! First of all, it has been FAR too long since I've checked your blog, and I am loving your updates! Huge congratulations on your precious baby Paisley! She is so beautiful! Second, I read this post and teared up, oh my goodness that is so scary. I am so sorry, I hope everything is okay. I saw that you were home on FB, I pray that all is well!!! Love, Bethany

Brit Bennion said...

I'm so sorry about this. I'm glad to hear that she is doing better. It was good to talk to you last night. Give those cute girls loves from us in Utah!