Pages

Sunday, September 5

Love Story Part Four

Jeannette: Part Four
Now this is where it starts to get complicated and messy. So far this semester had been like none others before. I was always getting asked out on dates and that had never happened to me before. And I was still writing my missionary. Remember the apartment of guys that I always hung out with...well, one of the guys(not the guy I liked) asked me out on a date Monday for Wednesday night. I didn't have any other plans at the time so I said yes. He wanted to watch Lost and then take me out for dinner. I had no idea that he really liked me, I thought that we were just really good friends and that was all that I wanted...but apparently I would find out shortly that he wanted more.
Tuesday morning I get a text message from Brandt asking if I would like to go to devotional with him and Zach. So I said, "Sure!" However, when devo rolled around I was at my guy friends apartment and as I was rushing to leave for devotional I decided to invite Josh and his roommate that I liked to devotional as well...not knowing how awkward this could be. Brandt was a good sport when I showed up with 2 other guys, I had no idea that he was upset.
After devotional I went to Brandt's apartment to study with him for our upcoming Anatomy quiz. When we were done studying he asked to walk me back to my apartment. I was kind of in a hurry because I had told the other guy that I liked that I would go running with him. So while at my apartment Brandt waited in the living room while I put my running stuff on and then my phone starts ringing and guess who it is...the loser from Kansas. So here I am with a guy in my living room waiting for me to get dressed so that I can go running with another guy while I am talking on the phone with a 3rd guy. Brandt was definitely not happy and I could tell. He got up off the couch and walked out the door. I quickly got off the phone with Justin and ran out after Brandt. By the time I got to him he was already out of the apartment complex and on the street. He looked surprised to see me.
Brandt: Part 4
I was so relieved when I got a text back from Jeannette saying that she would go to Devotional with me. I put on my "big pimpin" suit, turned on some Jay-Z and headed out the door. School was a breezy easy like normal and I was in Great mood. Devotional time came along and Zach and I headed down to the auditorium. I sent a text to Jeannette telling her that we were on the floor near the front. While we sitting there waiting, Zach whispers in my ear, " she brought two dudes with her". What the freak?!?!?! Why would she bring two dudes with her?! One was short and skinny and the other was kind of fit but balding. She couldn't be interested in these clowns, could she? I tried not to jump to conclusions, I mean one of them could be her brother or cousin. I didn't want to make a bad impression and act like a jerk. I was WRONG! They had no relation to each other at all. To make things worse she kept scratching one of the clown's back. I was FUMING inside. I almost got up and walked out in the middle of the devotional. I'm glad I didn't because after devotional was over Jeannette suggested that we study Anatomy together later on. Of course I said yes. Our study session wasn't very productive because Jeannette seemed like she was in a little bit of a hurry. While walking her home she told me that she was going to go running with a friend that night and that she needed to get changed ( later on I found out that it was one of the clown's she brought to devotional). She invited me in and I sat on the couch while she went to the back to change. While she was changing I could hear her talking on the phone to someone. It sounded like they were arguing because Jeannette was getting a little bit upset. Jeannette's roommate told me that it was Jeannette's old boyfriend from Kansas. I was like what is up with this chick? What is her deal? I decided that I wasn't going to put up with this crap so I just got up and walked out the door without saying goodbye. When I got to the street I heard Jeannette calling my name from behind. She was running towards me. She asked me why I didn't say goodbye and why I left. While we were talking on the curb two guys ( not at the same time) stopped to give Jeannette a hug and say hello. I wasn't too worried with these guys because they both seemed like they belonged in San Fransisco ( if you know what I mean). I was super excited that she had come after me because if she hadn't, we wouldn't be writing this love story right now.

0 comments: