Pages

Monday, July 12

Summer Fun

This summer has definitely been a busy one! A couple weeks after returning from AZ, we packed up and went to Pueblo, CO to spend time with my brother and his family, as well as my parents, sister, and little brother. It was such a fun weekend! We got to spend a lot of good time with family and eat some really good food. My dad seriously makes the best stir fry ever, yum yum! Peyton had a lot of fun playing with her little cousins, Anna and Breyla, and my little brother Jake. However, she was terrified of my dad. He had to bribe her with his laptop so she would sit on his lap without getting scared! We also got to see John's new little baby, Cannon, blessed on Sunday before heading home.
The following weekend was the 4th and Peyton's birthday on the 3rd. We had a blast preparing for her small b-day party. I wanted to make it special for her, even though she probably doesn't even remember already. I made confetti cupcakes with yummy homemade frosting- which was SO fun to watch her eat. At first she wasn't quite sure what to do with it and she just kept dipping her fingers into the frosting and then licking them and then she finally just picked up the whole cupcake and shoved it in her mouth. It was so fun and she is so cute! I just love her to death! Brandt and I got her an 80's diner to play with, and from her grandparents she got books, a stroller, and a popping ball toy. I still cannot believe that she is one already. It weirds me out! She has grown and developed so much. She says: momma, dada, dog, book, baby, shakes her head yes and no, can point to her nose, and gives the best kisses. She LOVES to dance and it is probably one of the cutest funniest things I have ever seen. Her favorite things to do are to run away from us, push buttons, get into everything and make messes, laugh, and definitely talk. She loves talking on the phone and is quite the girly girl already!
A couple days after her birthday she started acting really weird- just super sleepy, always wanting to be held, and actually falling asleep in my arms...that NEVER happens! I started working again at the chiropractic office I worked at before just to fill in while the receptionist was on vacation. So while I was working on Tuesday, Brandt's mom stayed home and took care of Peyton because she was really sick. Her eyes were puffy and she felt warm and basically slept all day. That night she was cuddling me and Brandt and I noticed how hot she was. Her body was burning up and she was breathing really rapidly and her heartbeat was going a lot faster than normal. Our thermometer wasn't giving us an accurate temp so I made Brandt run to the store and one that just swipes across the forehead after I gave her some infant tylenol. By the time he got back I could feel her temp had gone down a little and her breathing and heartrate had slowed but she still had a fever of 102. So I stayed up all night checking her temperature and making sure she was still breathing and finally at 10 the next morning her fever went away! But she broke out in a horrible rash all over her body. It was on her legs, stomach, back, and forehead. Turns out that she had rosala- poor baby! She is doing much better now, except for the fact that she is teething. She now has 6 teeth with 3 more coming in.
As for Brandt and I, things have been going really good. He is loving his job and learning a lot. The other day he got a secondary application from Midwestern and was really excited about it! He has now turned in 3 secondary applications out of the 6 schools he applied for. I cannot believe that I am already in my 3rd trimester and have less than 3 months before this baby is born. I am now going to my doctor every 2 weeks- which weirds me out even more! Also, since Brandt has Fridays off I started working every Friday at the chiro office and I love it!

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Sounds like you're having a fun summer!! Happy Birthday Peyton! Wish you guys were here and we could have celebrated together!

Chelsey Hymas said...

Roseola is the worst! Payton had it too (isn't that so weird!) You experience with her was exactly what I went through with him. Poor babies!
Peyton is getting so big! I love the pics of her on her birthday. Oh and I love your belly pics! So cute!
Miss you guys tons!

Brit Bennion said...

So sad that Peyton was sick. I hope she's feeling better. Glad that you are able to work too...so exciting!

bren said...

Wow, I can't believe Peyton is one already and that you're in your 4rd trimester!! You are so small still!