Pages

Friday, February 19

Peyton Poops

Last night Peyton was busily playing with her quiet book on the ground. I didn't really think anything of it- its supposed to be child proof right?! Anyways, this morning when I woke up I came into the living room to see that she had been destroying the book...not playing with it. She had ripped the hands off of the clock and tore the lady bug's eyes off. However, I could only find one eyeball. I looked everywhere! And then I got worried because I realized it could only have gone to one other place. Peyton swallowed it. This is normal. She puts everything in her mouth and recently we have been giving her cheerios, so she has learned how to pick small things up with her fingers. I called Brandt and we were both kind of worried, do we need to take her to the emergency room, is it going to hurt her? So we decided to wait because I wasn't even sure if she had swallowed it and maybe it would show up somewhere. So a couple hours later when I go to change her messy diaper...sure enough, there it is. A small little eyeball staring up at me from a very smelly pile of poop!

9 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-Danica- said...

Hahah... that is the best thing i have heard all day

Brit Bennion said...

That's hilarious! A typical baby thing to do. Glad you found it!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

awesome!!!! and... kinda creepy! (the whole eye staring at ya bit!)

Unknown said...

I've never had an eye stare at me through poop.

I'm waiting for a foreign object poop, though. Our kid will put everything in his mouth, too.

Love it!

Chelsey Hymas said...

haha. Wow that made my day! What a silly girl!

JoHanna Bennion said...

FUNNIEST POST EVER!! made my day a whole lot better! Thanks! and Anna has a quiet book too and I am missing sooooo much stuff to it... We really only let the girls play with it a church and always try to locate every piece but some always dissapear! I never thought to check the diaper! So funny! Did you clean the lady bug eye and keep it or toss it?

bren said...

Haha, the way you told this story made me laugh! Peyton is so cute. Congrats again on being prg. You'll do great, I just feel bad if you're sick right now!

Glynnwood said...

In middle school we used to tease each other:

"What did the doctor say when you were born?"

"Don't flush! It's got eyes!!!"

I guess that was about my mentality back then.