Pages

Sunday, February 21

Enjoying the Small Things

One of my friends posted about this blog. It made me really think about everything that I have to be grateful for and all the small things in life to appreciate. For example, Peyton learned how to clap. I love it; whenever she gets excited or happy she starts clapping her chubby little hands together with the biggest smile.
Recently, Brandt and I got some rather surprising news. At first it was horrible and I thought my world was going to end and I cried...A LOT. But the more I think about it the more excited I get and the more I realize how selfish I am. I am going to be a mommy to another sweet little baby. I get the privilege of raising another one of God's precious children...what better opportunity or blessing could I receive?! I can't wait to enjoy all the small moments with this new baby and soak up the cuddling and cute froggy legs and big wide eyes as they take in the world for the very first time. Some may call me crazy, but I am SO excited for the delivery. I love giving birth. It is such a miracle to me and the connection I feel with my sweet bundle of joy and my husband, my best friend, is amazing.
So far this pregnancy has been a whirl of emotions. First of all to find out that I was expecting was probably one of the biggest shockers of my life and as soon as I am beginning to accept it, I go in for my ultrasound and they can't find a baby anywhere. So I am left in tears again, thinking that I have lost my baby to thinking I am having a molar pregnancy to finding a baby a week later. Wow, talk about my emotions going wild on top of pregnancy hormones and sickness.
I am so excited to meet this little one and for Peyton to have a friend. She is going to be the BEST big sister! I can't wait to watch this baby learn and grow and try new tricks. I love being a mommy, it really is the best calling and job in the world!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am so excited for your family! You are going to be the cutest little family! I also cant believe how big Payton has got! Keep being positive...you can do it! Miss being your neighbors! I was also very inspired by that blog.

Sarah said...

YAY for a new baby!! I am excited for you! Peyton is so cute and I can only imagine this next one is going to be just as cute!

Chelsey Hymas said...

I am just so excited for you! Peyton will be such a wonderful big sister. I love your attitude. I know this was not planned and a big suprise. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you have been through. I'm glad you have been able to find a peace with it all. It truly is a blessing to be a mom, and you are so good at it, Heavenly Father didn't want to wait to send you another! Let me know if you need anything! I'm just a few minutes away :)

deargoodness said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine the roller coaster you're on either, but your attitude is great! And seriously, you are a great mom and you'll do amazing I'm sure!

JoHanna Bennion said...

Oh Jeannette. I love those moments to. The joys of a baby finding out the wonderful things the world can bring is the best! Delivery on the other hand is hard but your right, it is a nice to know what you are accomplishing during the process!

I am so glad you have such a good relief and come to terms with this too. Because now you won't hate me for praying for it! lol.... but for real, you are an amazing mother and have a VERY awesome hubby that compliments you well! Your family will truly be an adorable family!

I am only just starting to look at things like that in my own family and hope that I can be as inspiring as you! Thanks!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

it definately IS the best job in the world and you are doing a MARVELOUS job with that pretty girl! Cant wait to find out what baby #2 is... My vote is girl, so Peyton can have a best friend! :)

Glynnwood said...

Love you, Jen. You had me worried for a while, but I'm glad things are turning out well. Can't wait to meet this new little one--and to spend more time with Peyton. I'll bet she'll be scared to death of me just like Breyla was. ;-)

Kaylee said...

WoW! I'm behind! I'm so excited for you, being a mom is truly the most important thing we can be doing w/ our lives. Your babies are lucky to be coming to a home where you and your husband love each other and where they will be taught the gospel.

Bethany said...

Jeannette!!!! My heavens, that is soooo wonderful, and so exciting! Babies are just the most precious things ever and this sweet baby is so lucky to be joining your family! Heavenly Father just knows how good of a mama you are!