Pages

Saturday, December 26

Tis the Season to be Jolly...

Wow, the semester is FINALLY over. I honestly never thought that it would end. I graduated and finished my last semester with straight A's(yay!!!) And Brandt did SO good, I am so proud of him. He was taking the hardest classes- the second half of Organic Chem, Genetics, Molecular Biology, English 316, and then his last and final religion class. And he got all A's and a B+...pretty much amazing! I love him!

This year it was Brandt's families turn to spend Christmas with us. On our way down to New Mexico, about an hour and a half away from SLC, our car decided to go crazy. I have never been so scared while driving. I literally thought that we were all going to die- I even crawled into the back of the car and gave Peyton a kiss just incase. Every time Brandt would press on the gas our car would jerk to the left side of the road. It was like someone was literally jerking the steering wheel right out of his hands. Thank goodness there was no ice, I dont even want to think about what would have happened if there was. Anyways, we had no clue what was wrong with the car but we knew it was pretty serious. So we pulled into the next VW dealership(about an hour away). Diagnosis: both of our axles were completely broken! As well as the CV joints and boots. Also, there were 4 recalls on the car: we got a new fuel pump, engine coils, something to do with our ignition and also our brakes. The guy didn't even know how we made it there or how our car was even still running. It was pretty crazy! So we spent 5 hours in Layton bored out of our minds.

Yesterday was Peyton's first Christmas!! It was so much fun! She didn't care too much for her presents, but was more interested in the wrapping paper and especially the bows. Pictures to come. This year has definitely been one of the best Christmases yet. Also, Peyton has started scooting around. She pretty much only goes backwards(is this normal?) and is still working on the going forward part. And she has learned how to sign milk. I am not quite sure if she even knows what it means, but it's still cute!



6 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Bummer about the car problems!! Im sorry!! We had the same problem with our VW, we should have looked at yours when we were there and had nate fix it. He did both of ours! How did Peyton like her 2st Christmas??!!

Unknown said...

Bretton started going backwards first, too. He has no interest in crawling, but scoots everywhere. Hemakes the full circle in the house

JoHanna Bennion said...

the going backwards first is Very normal!

bren said...

Wow, that is freaky! What a pain that you had to stay in Layton for so long. Well, I'm glad you guys made it back safely. Hope Rexburg is treating you well. Congrats about graduating too! When do you start hair school?

Kaylee said...

I wish I would have known you were stuck in Layton! I'm so sorry!

Glynnwood said...

Hey, they sometimes keep going backwards clear though high school. hehe

I'm glad Brandt got Jen turned around. ;-)