Pages

Wednesday, December 9

I love you

This post is basically for me so that I don't forget it.
Before I became a mom I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Pregnancy was magical(other than the throwing up part). No one warned me how hard it was going to be once the baby came. Sleep deprivation, nursing struggles(lets not even get me started on this one), the crying(or screaming in Peyton's case) that just wont stop no matter what you do, and the list could go on and on. Anyways, one day Peyton and I had really been struggling. She was probably about 4 weeks old and I had just finished nursing her. I was completely exhausted and just wishing that she could reach her arms around me and give me a hug or tell me she loves me or even smile at me really big, however I knew that that was not going to happen. As I was getting ready to slowly ease out of the chair, I looked down and Peyton's small little hand was resting on my chest in the I love you sign. It was the sweetest thing and at that moment it was exactly what I needed. I know that she didn't even realize she was doing it but it still made me feel like it was her special way of telling me that she loved me and that even though I wasn't perfect, I was still doing a good job.



9 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

doing a good job? ...you're doing a GREAT job! Raising kids is no easy task, but I fully believe that through prayer, faith and maybe more tears than you count, it will all work out! Peyton sure loves her Parents!!!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

oh wow. that's the same age hazel is right now. it can be really difficult when you don't know EXACTLY what they need. but all she really needs is you. what a cute story!! glad you wrote it so you can always remember.

Chelsey Hymas said...

Thats so sweet. And you are a WONDERFUL mom!! It is a struggle sometimes, but it always seems like just when you have had all you can take, you look at them, and they smile, or laugh, or coo, or do something to melt your heart and make it all seem worth it again. It is so obvious Peyton is your world, and you are hers.

Kaylee said...

That is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes because you know that is Heavenly Father's way of telling you that you're in exactly the place he wants you to be. He needs us as moms to take care of these tiny spirits, and He knows it's not easy in any way.

Unknown said...

I tried to tell you, Netters, but I think it's just one of those things that you have to go through to actually believe.

She's a beautiful little girl and it's obvious how Heavenly Father matched her sweet spirit for your family.

Brit Bennion said...

So cute! You're so blessed to have that cute little bundle of joy to take care of. I love her!

JoHanna Bennion said...

very special! You wouldn't believe all the times I had break downs with Anna! I never knew any kid could be as difficult as Anna. I still wonder sometimes. I am so glad you are able to see such special moments and keep calm!!

I hope to learn how to keep calm with Anna still. Breyla is a piece of cake! Love you!!

Glynnwood said...

Sorry we didn't warn you more, Jen. But we wanted grandbabies!

Your experience with Peyton really illustrates Eve's comments after baring Abel: "It is better for us to pass through sorrow that we may know the good from the evil." It is the effort you put into raising Peyton that make the small moments so sweet. I'm so proud of the great mom you've become.

bren said...

That is so sweet. Sorry you had a hard time at first, I know you're a great Mom though. By the way, Bethany has a blog and wanted to get yours too. Her email is jjandbethsines@hotmail.com. Anyway, hope you're doing good!