Pages

Tuesday, December 1

Growing up WAY too fast

My sweet little girl is seriously getting so big....she is no longer a baby! And I hate it. I swear every day is a new adventure with her. About 2-3 weeks ago she started rolling over and now she is ALL over the place. I have to constantly watch her. She hasn't quite figured out that if something is in the way it isn't going to move for her just because she is rolling into it, so she bangs her head quite a bit. Poor baby! But it is so fun watching her discover new things and get to where she wants to go. Also, the other day I went to go make her a bottle and when I turned around to look at her to make sure she was okay she was sitting up! All by herself! I don't even know how she got up...it kind of freaked me out! She can sit up all by herself now. If she gets distracted then she will fall over but for the most part she sits up SO good. And she has learned how to put her binki in all by herself! She is such a smart girl.
On our way to Kansas(17.5 hours long, ugh!) Peyton was super bored and none of her toys were interesting anymore...so I gave her the only thing I had in hopes of making the crying stop- a tampon. And go figure, she loved it! She thought it was the coolest thing and she even figured out how to unwrap it..that's when I took it away from her. So I am pretty excited for Christmas because she will be able to unwrap her presents and I already know she is going to like the wrapping paper more than anything else!
Thanksgiving was a really good time. I got to see all of my family, which was amazing because most likely this will be the last time we will be able to fit into my parents house. The food was amazing- oh how I love me some turkey and mashed potatoes! Yum yum! Oh and I cannot forget the pumpkin pie! When I came home I hadn't gotten my pumpkin pie fix so I made myself a homemade pumpkin pie out of butternutsquash(they were all out of pumpkins) and it was SOO good!
Right now I am in shock that it is already December....I can't believe it! And I can't believe that my little baby is almost 5 months! Time has just flown by. Infact, we only have 2 weeks of school left!!!!!!! I am counting down the days! I can't wait for Christmas and I can't wait for the new semester to begin because it is Brandt's last semester and I am so ready for him to be done with school( for now anyways) and be able to spend more time with him.


8 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I love her cute little facial expressions. She's one beautiful little girl! Im sad were moving because then Ill miss her growing up even more, but Im glad we have blogs! I agree the past 5 months have flown by... crazy!!! Pretty soon she will be walking and talking :(

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

wow! she really is growing up. and into such a beautiful girl! that's hilarious about the tampon. sol found one of mine a while back and thought it was the coolest toy ever. i also took it away when he figured out how to open it! peyton is so adorable!

Glynnwood said...

Cutie pie! Thanks for bringing her to see grandpa.

Chelsey Hymas said...

She is getting so big!! I can't believe how quickly they change and figure things out! We have to get together soon. Its been too long!

Kaylee said...

Wow she is getting so big! I'm glad you got to go home for Thanksgiving. It's such a LONG drive, but worth it!

JoHanna Bennion said...

I had to point out to Anna that she was in a picture with Peyton. She gave me a funny look and came to the computer. When I showed her the pic she said "that's cracker!" and I asked..."You mean firecracker?" and she said "Yes, that's firecracker!"

She'll prolly call Pey that forever and ever! Cute cute pics! She is sooooo big! I can't believe the progress she has made! Look out Jen, teen years are around the corner!!!!

Bethany Sines said...

okay i am SO excited that you have a blog!! and oh my gosh peyton is A-DO-RABLE!!! she is so big!

Bethany Sines said...

sorry, btw, you should check out our blog
jjandbethsines.blogspot.com