Pages

Sunday, March 1

Possessed Cell Phone and a Sleepless Night

The other night I was woken up in the middle of the night by a strange song which sounded like it was coming from inside our apartment. I had all these thoughts running through my head like, "Oh its probably just something the neighbors downstairs have on, or maybe the TV turned on by it self somehow..." but then the music stopped and I figured well it must be someones cell phone either outside our apartment or downstairs but I was still scared because the music was creepy! Like one of those songs they play for background music in a horror movie- it just gave me the chills! And I knew it wasnt Brandt's phone because he had left in the car and mine was right next to my pillow and neither of us had that weird music on our phones. So to make myself feel better I woke Brandt up and asked if he would go check it out with me. So he gets out of bed thinking I am just being silly and goes and takes a quick look around- well I wasnt satisfied with that! I wanted thorough! So while he got back in bed and I checked every single corner, every single closet, behind the shower curtain, anywhere that someone could fit...and nothing. So I turned off the lights and headed back to the bedroom. I had one light left to turn off- the hallway and I am not kidding, as soon as I switched the light off and it was pitch black- I couldn't see a thing- the music starts playing again and it was coming from right behind me! I swear I have never been so scared in my entire life- I almost died! My stomach felt like it had come right up out of my throat and I turned that light back on SO fast and threw myself onto our bed so that if anything happened Brandt could protect me. I think at this point that Brandt was kinda scared too because we both knew that this weird music was infact coming from our apartment and neither of us had seen anything. I was thinking for sure it was a ghost or what if someone had come into the apartment and I hadnt known about it and they accidently left their cell phone and now it was ringing! Anyways, Brandt jumped out of bed and ran out into the living room and I followed behind him, and guess what.... the little punk hadnt left his cell phone in his car. It was in his coat pocket on the couch and somehow someone had turned the sound on his alarm clock and the alarm went off. It turned out to be nothing but holy cow that was the scariest moment of my life where I literally saw my life flash before my eyes! Brandt says my face was priceless. I do not think it was funny because for the rest of the night I couldnt stop shaking, I felt sick to my stomach- by the way poor Peyton- she probably went on an emotional rollercoaster!, and even though I said a prayer to calm myself down- it didnt work! I had to sing A Childs Prayer like twenty times just to get myself to fall back asleep and to stop thinking about it. So last night I made Brandt turn his cell phone completely off because I knew I wouldnt be able to stand hearing that creepy music again!



6 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Oh man, that punk! I would have been so scared too. I know Nathan always thinks I'm crazy when I wake him up to check out the apt. with me when I think something strange is going on. Get this... The other it was pouring rain outside. Nathan's truck alarm starting going off and I woke up immediately. I had to wake him up because I was too scared to go check out the window to see if someone was breaking into it. He did, but that wasn't enough for me. After I couldn't fall back asleep and kept getting bad feelings like we needed to leave the apt. It was like 3 in the morning and it really was pouring rain outside. He was so mad at me. We had to wake Ethan up to bring him over to his parents house because I didn't want to stay in the apt because I thought for sure someone was trying to break into out apt. It was the worst night ever and N still is upset at me for it. :)

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Hahaha! Sounds just like Brandt and me! I would have done the same thing though so dont feel bad!

Kyle and Alyssa said...

I always sing a Child's Prayer to calm down after being scared...it eventually works. When I was a kid I had reoccuring nightmares, so I got scared a lot!
That would be super freaky and I would be the same way, unable to sleep and shaky...When I was six mo. pregnant I saw I am Lengend and every time it started getting dark I would feel scared and lock the doors...that movie isn't even scary, but I was totally freaked out by it, and I was home alone almost all the time b/c Kyle was studying. I think pregnancy made things much more scary for me!

Kaylee said...

HEEEEYYYY! Do you remember me? Connie Mitchell's my grandma! Email me woman so I can invite you to our blog--kleebre@hotmail.com

JoHanna Bennion said...

Jen, you are very brave. I am not sure I would have been able to jump on the bed... I prolly would have fainted. Especially since John leaves me at nights to stay with his lover...(wink)...I would have died!!! Tell Brant to change his Alarm tone!

Sarah said...

Haha, I'll specify why I don't want kids for a while. As much as I love them and I really do want them. School is important for me and I need to get it done before I have kids cause there's some stuff mentioned in my patriarchal blessing about school. So, by having my education done, I can be a mommy and have a part time job and hopefully Shawn will be done with what he needs to be in pharmacy school. We want kids, really bad, but right now just isn't the time for us, ya know?