Pages

Sunday, October 5

General Conference Is So Inspiring



Brandt listening to conference in Thai...I made him put headphones in!
The last two days Brandt and I have been able to watch conference together. Neither of us had to work and it was sooo nice! During the first talk Saturday morning, President Monson was talking about temples and as soon as he said that they were going to be building a temple in the greater part of Kansas City we both just turned and looked at each other and basically started screaming- it was so cool because we have been looking into dental schools and we came across the school UMKC. It has a reserved admissions program which Brandt is applying to right now and if he gets accepted he just needs to get a certain score on his DAT and he will have a seat saved in the Dental Program for the following year. And if this happens we wouldnt have to spend thousands of dollars applying to 15 dental schools. Also, the tuition for the school there is super cheap compared to all the other schools we looked at. Its about 12,000 a semester compared to the others which were 20,000-40,000...and that adds up after 4 years! Also, since Brandt is from New Mexico we would get instate tuition which is even better!! There are so many pros, and just the fact that its closer to family than a lot of our other options makes us both super happy! So when we heard that they were building a temple there it was just amazing! It made it feel even more right. I just loved all of the talks! They were all so wonderful! I especially loved Elder Uchtdorf's and President Monson's talks! So inspiring. They just make you feel so good. I am just so grateful for the opportunity that Brandt and I had to watch them together. We got to spend 8 whole hours cuddling...so we cant complain! One thing I like to do after watching conference is make a list of goals for myself...things that I can change or make better
  • I want to write more often in my journal, not only about my day and thoughts but also spiritual experiences and insights from reading scriptures, etc.
  • Read my scriptures daily- especially every night with Brandt.
  • Personal prayer EVERY morning-I'm not very good at this one!
  • Attend the temple once a month or more with Brandt.
  • Take the sacrament more seriously.
  • Show the people I care about that I love them more.
  • Study harder in classes which means organize time better.
  • Exercise 3-5 times a week.
  • Look for ways to serve others.



0 comments: